Professional Certification & Accreditation
- Certified Trainer (Cert IV in Training and Assessment – Aust.)
- Train the Trainer Certified (ICA)
- Associate Accredited Coach (ACC) – ICF Global
- Accredited Professional Coach (APC) – ANZI Coaching
- HRDF (PSMB) Approved Trainer
- Certified Professional Coach Program (CPCP)
- Diploma in Workplace and Business Coaching (Aust.)
- Certificate IV in Workplace and Business Coaching (Aust.)
- Inventory of Work Attitudes and Motivations (iWAM) Profile Certified Consultant
- Language and Behaviour (LAB) Profile Certified Consultant
- MBA – Heriot-Watt University (UK)
- B.Com – Deakin University (Aust.)
- Kepnor Tregoe trained in Project Management
- Kepnor Tregoe trained in Problem Solving and Decision Making
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT |
Mel has 18+ years in Marketing, Business and Coaching experience; Brand Marketing/Advertising Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and Managing Companies in Malaysia and Australia.
He has worked in top global companies like Ogilvy & Mather Advertising working on clients like Nestle Milo, at Colgate Palmolive he was Brand Manager for Dynamo, Softlan and Palmolive.
He next moved to Johnson & Johnson ASEAN, where he was the Category Manager for Adult Skin Care products like Clean and Clear, Pure Essentials and Feminine Care Products like Carefree. In this time, he reported directly to the Vice President of ASEAN (overseeing the Adult Skin Care range) based in Singapore.
He then became Marketing Manager (Malaysia and Singapore) for the Baby Diaper brand Drypers (SCA Hygiene) which became No.1 in both Malaysia and Singapore.This was an exciting point of his career as the brand dominated over other global brands like Huggies (KC) and Pampers (P&G). Drypers also won the prestigious Fire Brand in the year 2003 (best brand in the FMCG industry) by Brand Equity Magazine.
His last stint in Malaysia was a General Manager position at PosAd Media overseeing the Retail Promotions part of the business, before heading over to Australia.
Mel migrated to Australia in 2005 and that sparked his journey into Coaching. Mel was privileged to utilize much of his Coaching skills-sets and techniques in the 2 key positions in Australia;
- General Manager for eCosway Australia and
- Chief Operations Officer for a Telco distributor (Soul Communications) overseeing all of the major retail outlets across Australia
In those two positions, Mel coached and worked with hundreds of business owners (eCosway) and sales managers / executives (Soul Communications).
Mel is an Accredited Coach with both the ICF (International Coach Federation) and ANZI Coaching. He is also a Certified Trainer in Australia having lectured a Diploma of Management and Project Management at a local college in Melbourne.
Mel is today known as a Motivation and Attitude Specialist, where he helps companies enhance the “Retention and Performance” of their People.
Mel is also an Executive Coach having coached many business leaders and entrepreneurs. In the local Malaysian context, he has profiled and coached a Senior VP from a local bank and a CEO of a Local College.